Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Tupelo 14.2 Miler

It's official! I signed up to run the Tupelo 14.2 miler on September 6th. I have 5 weeks to train! Physcially, I feel good about it. I am currently running 10 miles once a week, and I will add one mile a week to that long run in order to be able to do 14.2 by race day. I hope to run 14 miles 2 weeks before the race. I plan to do my long runs on Sunday mornings at 5:00 AM. On the treadmill! I have looked at my schedule, and with us beginning school Monday, and Jimmy not having a consistent schedule of days off (he is off on one day one week, and a different day the next, works all weekend some weekends..some weeks no days off, etc...), early Sunday mornings are going to be the only time I will have for 2-2.5 hour runs. I do have one obstacle, and his name is Sam. This morning I woke up at 5AM to run. I had run about a quarter mile when Sam came downstairs to the treadmill, crying, wanting me. It was only 5:25....too early for him to be up. So I had to stop, take him back to bed, and lie down with him until he fell back asleep. It took 45 minutes! Then I went back downstairs and completed my run. Since I was running only 4 miles today, and since I do not have to be anywhere this morning, it really was ok. An inconvenience, but ok. But, if he wakes up while I am running on Sunday mornings the next 5 weeks.......I will not have time to get the run in! I am hoping (and praying) that he will sleep until at least 7AM on Sunday mornings.
Jimmy is running the 14.2 miler too. Olivia and Julie are going to work the water stations. Water stations will be at every 2 miles, so I plan to train running 2 miles, walking one minute.
I begin tomorrow with an 11 mile run.....I hope Sam sleeps through it!

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you! St. Jude will be a piece of cake for you this year!

    ReplyDelete