Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just a School Day

Sam is usually the first one up. I serve him chocolate milk and a waffle (plain) in my bed each morning. He eats while watching Curious George. His next task....playing!

At 7:00 I wake up Olivia, Julie, and Clay. I serve the girls coffee and Clay juice in bed. They drink while reading their Bibles. Next, they dress and complete their morning chores.


We all gather at the kitchen table for breakfast, read aloud time, and then our daily Bible lesson.


Now, it's school time! Here is Julie completing a math lesson.


Here is Olivia in the schoolroom working on her math lesson too.


Leah and I read her Sonlight read aloud books on the couch in the den (Sam usually joins us), and then we move to the schoolroom for her phonics and math lessons.


Sam plays with preschool activities on the floor in the schoolroom while I work with Leah. Today he was sorting and playing with buttons.


Clay had completed all of his independent school work. While he was waiting for me to finish with Leah, he joined Sam on the floor. Clay is playing with Mr. Potato Head.


Lunch! We played color and shape bingo while eating.


Avery and Leah at xc practice. I guess they called each other so they would wear matching shirts!


Courtney, Olivia, and Catherine after a hard xc practice.


Martha and Julie--glad to be through with the workout! On this day they ran 4 sets of 1200m intervals.
Clay in action!

Clay and Ryan--smiling because the tough run in over!

8 comments:

  1. WOW! That sure is a full day! God bless you for doing what you do! I'm lucky I get my oldest dressed and to preschool on time! LOL!

    ~ Jennifer
    http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so stealing the idea of waking my girls w/ coffee! They will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is smiling so beautifully in all your photos! I just love how happy you all look. (Now quick, share a story about a terrible day so we know that you're real, kay?!) :)

    By the way, I just love that your whole family runs. Good for you! You are inspiring me to look for activities our family can do together to stay fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I would love your school room! You are so organized! I wish I was just half as organized as you are. Looks like you are starting out with a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a day- thanks for sharing - your ideas are always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for giving us a peek into your day. I love the pictures of your school room!

    We are praying for another computer (we have 1) because it is difficult to get everyone their turn and we are doing some more online work this year.

    Blessings,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and I'm SO SUPER excited that Sam is playing with his "loud toy!" That makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete