Thursday, August 6, 2009

The School Schedule....Interrupted!

As I said earlier, the schedule is a goal. Today is a good example. We have an occasional schedule interrupter at our house, and his name is Sam! This morning I woke up at 5:00 AM, drank a big cup of coffee while reading my Bible and praying, and then hurriedly dressed in my running clothes. I was on schedule to begin running on the treadmill at 5:30. As I walked out of my bathroom, there was Sam, wanting me. I laid with him in my bed, hoping it wouldn't take long for him to go back to sleep......as long as I could get on the treadmill by 6:00, I would have time for my 5 mile run (before having to wake up the 3 older children at 7:00). I waited. Sam tossed and turned, flipped and flopped. Finally, at 5:55, he was back asleep. I crept out of bed. I had just gotten my hair back in a pony tail when I heard his little feet hit the floor! Back to the bed I went. This time by 6:15, he was still flipping and flopping. Mentally, I had to adjust my schedule. I now knew that I would be running during his naptime later on today. I would just get stuff done between now and 7:00, after he fell back asleep. Well, the next thing I knew, it was 7:00! We had both fallen asleep! He is now still asleep!
So much for the morning schedule today! The older children are awake and doing what they are supposed to be doing.....I will run this afternoon, and we all will try to adhere to the rest of the schedule today.

That is the goal.

2 comments:

  1. You know what they say about the even the best laid plans...

    Those times of laying down with a child, hoping he/she will soon fall asleep have long pasted for me. I know you know to enjoy these days, for they pass so quickly!

    Best wishes for an "on-schedule" rest of the day!!

    Many blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing that with my daughter when she was little. I would give feed her around 5:30 AM when she woke and then we'd lay on the couch, me waiting for her to fall back asleep and before i knew it we both were asleep. Sounds like you're very flexible!! Good thing!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete