Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scrapbooking

This summer when I ordered school books, I also purchased two fun books for me (from Amazon.com). As it turns out, these two books about scrapbooking are fabulous! I highly recommend them! The author, Stacy Julian, gives alternative ways to scrapbook your memories other than the traditional chronological way. I will admit that I have always scrapbooked chronologically, and I am YEARS behind! My first scrapbook begins with Olivia's birth (in 1995), and I think I am caught up through 2000, maybe! I have only scrapbooked major days and themes.....and still considered myself so behind.

Not anymore! These two books have freed me to scrapbook by theme instead of time. For example, Stacy suggests that you create only 4 main albums (you can have more than one of each kind, but stick to the 4 main albums).

1. People We Love
2. Places We Go
3. Things We Do
4. All About Us

Now can't you fit all of your unscrapped photos into one of those main categories?? I certainly think I can.
I am continuing to file all of my loose and previously kept in albums pictures by the year. Once I get all of the pictures filed in my cute little photo safe boxes (I got mine from Hobby Lobby, and they are half price this week!), I plan to go through them and pull out pictures for each of the 4 categories. I have already purchased 5 photo boxes for this purpose and made labels for them. In fact, as I came across my Disneyworld and San Francisco pictures, I went ahead and placed them in the Places We Go box. I placed the pictures contained in a baggie labeled Christmas 2002 into the box I am calling Days We Celebrate. I personalized Stacy's system for me by adding a 5th category (and album) entitled Days We Celebrate.
I am so excited about this new way of scrapbooking!

2 comments:

  1. Roan,

    Thank you for sharing these great ideas! I've never been a scrapbooker, because I was years behind by the time I heard about scrapbooking! I love the idea of doing themed books! I might scrapbook, yet!!

    God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic ideas! Thanks for sharing! I'm heading over to Amazon to look up those books right now!

    ~ Jennifer
    http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete