Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The Art of Home Podcast


Recently, I was a guest on The Art of Home Podcast, hosted by Allison Weeks. I found this podcast earlier this year while doing a search for podcasts about homemaking. My nest is almost empty, but homemaking will continue to be my full time job even after my youngest son goes away to college. This podcast features portraits, or interviews, of homemakers in various walks and stages of life. I have learned many things from all of the episodes, but for me and my stage of life, the seasoned homemaker portraits have given me the most encouragement, inspiration, and ideas for my future homemaking days. 

I share my journey of homemaking and some of my ideas. I enjoyed doing this interview so much! But I will admit, I have been so nervous about how I would sound and how I would come across. With blogging, I can always go back and edit and even delete if I want to. With a podcast recording, once it is released, it's out there! 

Here are some links to my episode in case you want to listen. :)

https://www.theartofhomepodcast.com/podcast/episode/815b9fa6/homemaker-portrait-or-roan-johnson

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-art-of-home/id1557993655?i=1000631693260

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3gNjh7YmFX1DsyewwGhEf1?si=ZDazW-ESTnemUhpjGFDpyQ

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to thank you for your podcast! I listened last week and was really encouraged by several things you said, especially about your gratitude journals. I have kept one off and on for a few years, but ai often "fall off the bandwagon" with it, so it was motivating to hear your experience of how it has helped you. Thanks so much for being willing to record that episode!

    ReplyDelete