Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Busy Week So Far

Jimmy is off this week, and we have been so busy!  Yesterday we spent the day in Memphis.  First, all of us except Leah and Sam (who see a local dentist) had our dental check-ups at my brother's dental clinic.  After that we went shopping at Costco and Target before hurrying home in time for our church service.

Today we all went for a family run this morning, and I am happy to say that I ran 5 miles!  For the rest of the day we have been working around the house....catching up on laundry, cleaning the house and baking.  We have invited the elders and their wives over for dessert and coffee tonight after our church service.

Monday afternoon a quick but damaging thunderstorm with 70 mph winds passed through our area.  Our power went out at 4:00 PM, and it did not come back on until 2:00 AM.  We have debris all over our yard (and it was in our pool too until I cleaned it out today), and Julie's garden suffered some slight damage.  Jimmy and Julie have spent most of the afternoon building a tall structure to tie her ever-growing tomato plants to.  They have outgrown their cages!

Clay has been making a door knocker in his forge.  I really need to take some pictures of both his forge and his blacksmithing.  I think that tomorrow Jimmy is taking him to Uncle Paul's to have some welding done.  I guess learning to weld is going to be next on Clay's list!

The older girls and I have plans to learn to quilt this summer.  We are each making a small quilt.  I ordered our fabric, and it came in today!  Maybe we can get started with the cutting tomorrow.

All of my school books for next year have arrived!  And we are still not through with this year's schoolwork!  But we are all going to work very hard next week to have everything completed except for Sonlight reading.

I have to get started on my lesson and craft planning for both Rustic Youth Camp and our VBS.  I am teaching 5 and 6 year olds at camp and the K-2 grade class at VBS.  Lots of fun, very rewarding, but lots and lots of hard work!

I haven't started on my new recipe binder yet, but I did buy some cute paper!

How has your week been?


1 comment:

  1. We've been busy, too! Getting used to everyone being home now that school is out. Excited to start homeschooling...A rainy day here in Minnesota, so we'll be busy inside today! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete