Friday, February 24, 2017

Just Checking In

Hello! I thought I would check in on this beautiful Friday morning! The temperature is supposed to be almost 80 this afternoon here in Mississippi. I want to do school outside today! We just might do that.

The kids are at the track right now running. I stayed behind because I did not want to be that mom that takes her kids to the track to run and just sits in the car! I normally run or at least walk when I take them (it makes me feel better to be exercising too instead of just watching them), but since I am still struggling with this strained/pulled/broken forever trapezius muscle, I am unable to do anything really. It's been 11 days since I injured it! 11 days! It even hurts to walk for very long, so I am not running of course. I am getting a little antsy without regular exercise. And my house is getting dirtier and dirtier because I certainly cannot vacuum or mop!

Anyway. I have been pinning and planning things for our little pop-up camper while I am resting. We are taking it out for the first time soon, and I hope to have everything all ready. It will certainly be a learning experience the first few times we camp. I really cannot even imagine how it will be!

We have had a productive school week. In addition to their regular subjects like math, grammar, spelling, etc., Leah and Sam are still learning about the presidents and each of our fifty states. Each morning we spend 15-30 minutes reading about and making a page for our notebook for either a president (in random order) or a state (in alphabetical order). When both projects are complete, I plan to bind the state pages in some sort of book. The president pages are 3-hole punched and are going into a decorated binder.  We are also slowly working our way through Sonlight Core F which is the Eastern Hemisphere. We are studying China right now.

I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend! I hope to clean out my refrigerators. Fun!

9 comments:

  1. Oh man, I feel you! I sprained my ankle in mid-December and it STILL is not healed enough to run. I am going crazy!! It is so hard to be patient with an injury that keeps me from running. I hope yours is better soon, and that you're pain-free and back to running asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your ankle. Not being able to run is such a discouragement. I hope that a month of rest will help you. I really have no plan except to not attempt to run until I am pain free. I'm not sure when that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about using Core F for next year. I've never used any Sonlight but I think that year sounds really interesting because of the focus on Eastern cultures.

    I hope your injury heals soon!! Best to rest and wait it out, but that's tough to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first did a complete Core of Sonlight, 6 years ago, Core F was the first one I did. (Along with a pre-K one for Leah). You will love it!
      I'm still resting.......

      Delete
  4. Oh no :(. I am so sorry your injury is still hurting :(. I know what you mean though, I tore my ACL a few years ago and it was SO hard to wait for it to get better. Simple things like walking or bending my knee - kneeling down to tie a shoe etc; Praying it gets better soon. You are SO SO encouraging and I just feel the joy radiate in your words, thank you for that. Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad my joy is radiating! LOL! Because my family thinks I am getting a little "edgy". It's a combination of the pain, the inability to exercise, and the occasional steroids I am taking to try to help the pain. :)

      Delete
  5. Hate that you hurt yourself, sure hope you heal quickly! When you first did the Whole30, were you completely exhausted? We started for the first time a week ago, and are so tired, so just wondering if it's normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to start Whole 30 this week, so I'm wondering as well!

      Delete
    2. Yes. I was very tired after a few days into the Whole 30. I think it was coming off the sugar and the carbs. I felt like I was in a fog for a while. But, around day 15 or so, I began to feel great! I really did have lots of energy and did not slump in the afternoons while reading to the kids.

      Delete