Monday, June 1, 2020

A Good Day

"I was glad when they said to me, Let us go into the house of the Lord."
Psalm 122:1

Yesterday was indeed a day of gladness for our church family. For the first time since March 15, our whole congregation was able to come together, in person, for a worship service. Yes, we social distanced. Masks were worn. People were seated in family groups with every other pew left empty. Blue taped Xs marked spaces to leave vacant. Hand sanitizer was available. Doors were propped open. Ushers were available to direct you to your seat and to guide the orderly exit at the end of the service.

But it was glorious! I was so happy to see people's actual faces and to sing hymns with all the people. Our service was live streamed online and also available on Zoom for those who still cannot get out, so that's a blessing too. In one form or another, our congregation was together. 

Trey's sermon was based on Nehemiah 3 and 4, and he encouraged us to build bridges to bring others to Jesus. He used the principles from the people rebuilding the wall in Nehemiah to illustrate how we can do the work set before us today. Bridges to Jesus. Isn't that just what the world needs?

After the service we all visited in the parking lot. There was much catching up to do and so many smiles. It was such a beautiful morning. 

Our Sunday afternoon was a typical one. I served lunch to my family and Julie, Big Sam, and Mae. After we ate, I took Mae outside and she helped me water my plants. Then I let her play in her baby pool and she enjoyed a popsicle. She loves to be outside! Pop took her for a walk, and Clay pushed her in her pink car and blew bubbles for her. Throughout the afternoon she also played with or was entertained by Leah and Sam too.  

Our church also had our Sunday night Bible study at our building (and on Zoom), so we attended that too. After more visiting in the parking lot, we headed home.

It was a nice, restful day, highlighted with the milestone of gathering again with God's people in real life.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it the best? I hadn't realized how much I missed worship until we were back at church. We just had our fourth week back. (We wear masks, and socially distance, and don't sing, but it's still CHURCH!) I think that sermon was very apt and well-timed as well! Our interim pastor (we do not have a pastor right now) is finishing up a series on faith. I've really appreciated that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed your blog posts. I hope you and your family are having a great summer. Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine, you are so kind! I miss blogging too. I honestly don't know how I made time for it all those years! LOL. We are doing well this summer. My oldest daughter, Olivia, is expecting her first baby. My second daughter, Julie has a 10 month old and 2.5 year old. They live nearby, and being a grandmother is such a blessing! Clay is working part time, studying for the MCAT (which he is taking Saturday), and he will move to Nashville in July to begin his 2nd year of pharmacy school. Leah and Sam are busy with XC practice, teen Bible studies, and camps. I guess I need to post a family update! My husband is doing well too! We just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Thank you for checking on me! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary - SO special to celebrate 30 years!! I am SO happy you guys are doing so well, I have missed reading about your sweet family - thank you so much for taking the time to post an update. Congratulations to your girls for their bundles of joy! I hope Clay's test went well and that Leah and Sam have a great summer!! Thanks again! Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These days it is hard to get home loans. Either its home equity loan or its mortgage loan and availability of easy home equity loans is in full bloom. These loans are uncomplicated, tenable, easily available, very flexible and tailor-made for homeowners. The best part about all this is that almost every loan lending or financial institution offers loans at high rate but Mr Pedro offers low loan rate @ 2% rate in return of such Business loan,Personal Loan, Home Loan, Car Loan.
    You can contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete