Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just a Morning Run

4:55 AM--woke up, drank half a cup of coffee, got dressed

5:15--began running on the treadmill

5:55, at mile 4--Sam comes down....He is hungry! Jimmy has gone for an outdoor run, and all of the other children are still asleep. I stop running, fix him a waffle and chocolate milk, and tuck him in my bed watching Blue's Clues.

at mile 6--Blue's Clues is over. Sam is back, wanting to watch Curious George. I stop running, and go turn the TV on a recorded episode of Curious George.

at mile 8.4--Sam is back. George is over. He would like to watch something else. I stop running, and go turn on Sesame Street.

at mile 10.1--Sam is back. He doesn't like Sesame Street. I stop running, and go turn on Max and Ruby. I ask Sam to please wake up Julie or Clay if he needs anything else!

at mile 11.3--Sam is back! And now Julie is awake, so I do not stop running. Sam lays on the floor beside the treadmill and cries.

at mile 12.2--Sam finally leaves and goes upstairs.

Mile 13.2--Finally done!!

Total distance: 13.2 miles
Total time : 2 hours, 30 minutes (this includes all of the stopping and starting)
Total calories burned: 1250

Happy Running!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got your run in, even with all the interuptions! HA I am so glad you post these things. They really are encouraging to all us moms of little people out here to know that everyone is doing the same thing!! CHAOS! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW!! You time was good without the stops; it is really good with the stops. I am tired just from reading your blog. Happy Running!!

    ReplyDelete