Monday, June 30, 2014

Copywork

I have always used copy work in my homeschool, some years more than others.  I plan on having Sam do a good bit of copy work during the upcoming school year.  However, I need some ideas for how to actually create it.  I have the sources of what I want him to copy:  Bible verses we are learning, some poems, passages from books he is reading, etc., but what I don't have is how to create the pages for him to copy.

I have created copy work in the past two different ways.

  1. I wrote down the passages on lined paper.  This takes quite a bit of time, and I can't do weeks at a time because my hand gets tired and my handwriting gets less neat.
  2. StartWrite.  I had this program on our old windows computers.  But now we have all Macs, and I am not sure that I want to buy the newest version of StartWrite.  I don't remember it being all that user-friendly.  Which is why I ended up handwriting most of my copy work.
Do any of you have any ideas for me?  I have OpenOffice on my laptop and Pages on our desktop computer.  I am looking for a way to generate copy work using either of those programs.  I simply want to type the passage at the top of the page and then have correctly spaced lines for him to copy underneath.

I'll handwrite it if I have to, but I really would prefer to type it!  And I want to prepare several weeks' worth of copy work at one time if possible.

2 comments:

  1. I use this (it doesn't save the pages, but you can print as many as you need and manipulate the spacing, etc.): http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    Thank you! I will check out this link.

    ReplyDelete