Saturday, June 7, 2014

Running With the King 5K

This morning, Olivia, Julie, Leah, and I all ran the Running With the King (Elvis) 5K here in Tupelo.  Jimmy and the boys were at the Blade Knife Show in Atlanta.  Leah had set a goal of running a PR (anything faster than a 26:51), and my goal was to pace her.  Fortunately I was feeling good this morning, and my new shoes that I got yesterday proved to be fast ones!  Leah ran a 26:39, and I finished about 3 seconds behind her.  I don't have the kick at the end like my children do!

We ran into my sister-in-law Mary Margaret and my nephew Causey.  This was Causey's first 5K, and he did a fantastic job.  Little boys are so fast!



 Causey, Leah, Julie, and Olivia

 Me and Mary Margaret

Causey and Leah

After the race we came home and got ready to attend a baby shower for one of the members of our church.  It was a fun shower, and MC received so many pretty things for her little baby girl.

I bought groceries, and I plan to take my three girls to see Moms' Night Out in a little while.  We thought we would do one more fun thing today!  And then it's back home for me to work, work, work on getting my supplies and plans prepared for our VBS which begins on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment