How do I begin?
- Clean out the children's work buckets. That is what I call whatever they keep their school books and various supplies in. Last year it was crates. I emptied them completely out about a month ago. Filed important papers, threw away a lot of trash, and only put back in the crates the books they would need for the upcoming school year.
- Create a shopping list. I wrote each child's name on a piece of paper and underneath listed every subject he would study next year. Then I created another list where I wrote down every item that I had to buy as I listed each child's subjects. Clear as mud?
- For example: On Sam's list, the first item was Horizons Math, Grade 3, Student Workbooks 1&2. So on my ongoing "to buy" list, I wrote down Horizons Math, Grade 3, WB 1&2.
- I did this for all four of my home schooled students. I ended up with 16 items that I need to buy (for all 4 children), not including my Sonlight purchases. I'll work on that list next.
- I was able to find everything that I needed at CBD.com. I plan to double check my list tonight and then place my order!
- I do find that I am ordering less each year, because I use as many non-consumable products as possible. I have one more Instructor's Guide to buy from Sonlight (Core E, because previously I used Core D/E combo, and for Leah and Sam I am using separate Cores for D and E), and then I will be done buying IGs from Sonlight. I now have all IGs from Pre3/4 all the way through Core W (which I have instead of separate Cores G and H). Plus Core 100.
Back to planning and shopping.