Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No Title

Saturday Jimmy surprised me with a fabulous new cell phone! I have had so much fun playing with it! In fact, I told Megan last night that I may never blog again! I was kidding, of course, but I can do so much on my phone that I have not used my computer in days!

Last week our local church hosted a week long gospel meeting. The preacher was excellent, and I was challenged, convicted, and motivated each and every night. I continue to strive daily to serve God in everything that I do.

Also last week, Leah lost her first baby tooth! Usually the loosing of baby teeth here at the Johnson home is accompanied by much wailing and copious amounts of tears. As usual, Leah is different! We were on our way to our church service, and Leah casually announced, "My tooth fell out." That was it! No tears, no wailing, really no excitement at all.....by Leah. The whole van broke out in cheers! Yay Leah! She proudly showed her gap to everyone at church, and by the time we left, she had been awarded a few dollars from generous friends! Whenever anyone asked Leah what she hoped the Tooth Fairy would bring her, she always responded, "Either a dime or a penny!" Well, the Tooth Fairy was feeling generous, and she traded that tiny tooth for a shiny half dollar and two quarters. This thrilled Leah!

It is still raining here, every day! After every race and every cross country practice I am washing muddy, wet clothes and towels, and hosing off and drying out running shoes. Our workout room is lined with shoes drying in front of fans. I bought the cutest rain boots for our family (except for Jimmy and Clay), and we have really put them to good use!

Monday night the girls and I attended our monthly Keepers At Home meeting. Leah's group stenciled aprons, and Olivia's and Julie's group continued to work on various projects like crocheting, knitting, soap making, bow making and scrapbooking. Each girl brings what she would like to work on, and they all sit around tables and chat and work. Fun!

Jimmy and I signed up to run a half marathon together on October 31st. It will be a date! I am looking forward to spending some uninterrupted time with him. It should be a fun day.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Roan! What a nice hubby to give you a surprise! But you better not stop blogging girl!! Just use your phone to blog then!! HA!!

    My uninterrupted time with hubby is usually in another town away by ourselves! Never thought of doing a half marathon for quality time!! You're something else gal!!

    Have a great day!! :o)
    HUGS,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a busy - but very fun - week!
    How fun for Leah to have lost that first tooth! It's a milestone!!
    Much love and best wishes for a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete