Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sherman Day 5K

This morning was the Sherman Day 5K held in Sherman, Mississippi. It was a fun race because the children's homeschool cross country team, the Spartans, participated. Olivia, Julie, and Clay had a super time running with their friends and teammates, and they also enjoyed the fellowship before and after the race. Many Spartans won awards! Go Spartans! I was especially proud of my family. Jimmy won 1st in his age group, Olivia won 2nd place overall female, Julie won 1st place overall female, and Clay won 1st place in his age group. The course was nice, not too hilly, not too flat. Thank you to my friend Karen, who watched Leah and Sam while I ran so I didn't have to push them in the stroller! Here are some pictures from the day
Some of the Spartans before the race
Some girl Spartans before the race
Sam's new picture face. This is what he does whenever he sees the camera.

Leah playing and waiting for the awards

Sam was thrilled to see this backhoe!
hanging out after the race
Olivia--2nd place overall female
Clay--1st place in 9 and under males
Julie--1st place overall female

The Spartan team group photo
Brothers having fun



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Johnsons!! I love Sam's haircut! He looks like a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm happy you got to participate without the stroller!

    ReplyDelete