Monday, September 29, 2008

8 miles!!

Jimmy unexpectedly finished work early today and offered to take Leah and Sam while the rest of us ran. So, I didn't have to push them in the stroller! I had planned to run 4 miles, but since I didn't have the stroller I went ahead and did my long run for the week...8 miles. Olivia and Julie ran 8 miles today too (20 minutes faster than I did!) I took a 1 minute walk break at the end of each mile, and that really made a difference. I still felt strong when I finished. The rest of the week is downhill--3 days of 4 miles each.

6 comments:

  1. Yay Roan!!! That's FABULOUS! I'll be thinking of you tonight while I'm puffing my way through my 90 second running intervals!

    Gosh, 13 miles will be nothing for you by December! You're doing great!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I was thrilled that today was my easy walk day!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's awesome, Roan. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Roan, I saw your comment today, Look anytime you fill the need, or megan to change up my page, help yourself!!! All I can do is post and add pictures!
    I was talking to Amy about you the other day, I was telling her you sound exactly like me about leaving your kids, I CANNOT DO IT!!!! unless I'm working. And Carson, who is five STILL twirls my hair every night and I'm embarrassed to say, still has one pacey to go to sleep with, oh the day it will be when it gets a hole in it!!
    This is kind of personal, but for my sanity, do you ever have a bad day? Do you ever get a little frustrated with even ONE of your kids? I think you do great, and I have lots of questions about homeschooling. I'm considering it next year for Carson and I'll have to tell you more about it later. He's at Calvary kindergarten right now. Talk later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing. I am so out of shape, and it is really bothering me. I'm trying to come up with a plan.
    Glad you enjoyed your retreat. It is hard to leave little ones.
    Letitia
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

    ReplyDelete