Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 39th birthday! I have had a fabulous day! Actually the celebration began last night with supper at my favorite Mexican restuarant. Jimmy had a mandatory work meeting tonight (he was off all day), so we had the birthday supper last night.
Today began with my finding a special gift in the kitchen---a Belgian waffle maker! The girls had already taken it out of the box, read the directions, made the batter, and plugged it in. They began cooking while I served myself some coffee.


Here is the first waffle.
Here is Sam enjoying his waffle while making his "picture face".
This is what the kitchen looked like after the cooking session.

After breakfast the children gave me beautiful handmade birthday cards, and I opened two more gifts. I had actually bought these for myself and had the girls wrap them, but I had honestly forgotten what I had ordered! So it was a surprise! I had attended a Southern Living party a few weeks ago and purchased a small serving dish and 4 little dessert bowls for my birthday!
Later on in the morning the whole family went to Trails and Treads, and I picked out some new running shoes. They feel good and they look great! Next, we went to eat lunch at a Japanese restaurant. We had a short amount of time back at home, and then we were off to cross country practice. Jimmy and I took turns watching Leah and Sam while the older three practiced, and we ran too. My new shoes ran great!

As soon as Jimmy came home tonight I had one last surprise--birthday brownies complete with homemade icing and candles! I was shocked. My first question was, "When did you cook this?" The answer was even more surprising. My sweet Olivia and Julie got up at 5 O'CLOCK THIS MORNING! They cooked the brownies, made the homemade icing, hid the brownies in the basement, and cleaned up all the evidence! All before I woke up at 7:00. How wonderful was that??

I have the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful husband and children. I thank them so much for all they did to celebrate my birthday. I had a lovely day!


5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! So glad it was a good one. Precious girls, you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!!! I told myself Monday not to forget - I was so stressed yesterday I forgot! Sounds like a wonderful time with your family!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waffle looks yummy.
    Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a good one. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Roan! Sorry I missed it. Sounds like you were truly blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete