Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Survived!

I survived being away from Sam overnight. He did too! It wasn't easy though. I know I cried at least ten times during the retreat. Between thinking about Jimmy and the children being so far away, hearing Sam cry on the phone late last night, "I want Mama!" repeatedly, and listening to wonderful Christian women speak their hearts about the seasons of a woman's life, I was just a little emotional. But, the retreat was excellent, and Jimmy and my parents did a fine job of taking care of all of the children. Sam was much happier today with the distraction of the race, playground, and playing with my parents. He was estatic when I arrived home! I was so happy to see my dear husband and precious children. I just love my family so much!
To read a synopsis of the retreat, go to Lynn's blog.

Here are some highlights of the trip to Forest.

My grandmother (Meme) and my mother are the ladies behind the couch.

Meme recently moved to an apartment in Forest. This is the first time my children have visited her in her new home.

Jimmy, Olivia, Julie, and Clay all ran in a 5K race Saturday morning called the Wing Dang Doodle! The race is part of a fun day of chicken wing cooking competitions and blues music. All of them ran their fastest time ever in a 5K race. Jimmy won 1st in his age group, Olivia was 1st in 14 and under (2nd overall female), Julie was 1st overall female, and Clay was 1st in 14 and under. I listed their times under Race Results in the sidebar.

Clay in is "race day" shirt. He wears this red shirt to EVERY race!

Clay, Olivia, and Julie showing their awards.

All of the children

Pops (my daddy) and Sam

Pops, Sam, and Leah

My parents and all of the children

Sam's favorite picture pose

Finally, a picture where you can see Sam's sweet face!

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A WONDERFUL POST.
    TELL ALL THE RUNNERS CONGRATS! THEY DID TERRIFIC!!!
    I ENJOYED LOOKING AT ALL THE PICS.

    PS. I KNEW YOU'D SURVIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone not only survived...but had a great time! Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete