Thursday, September 18, 2008

Preschool Activities List

Here is the list of activities I use for Leah and Sam during our morning school time. I start at the top of the list, checking off each item as I use it. Usually, they play with 2-4 activities a day. When I get to the bottom of the list, I just start over.

  • cut lines drawn on strips of paper
  • wooden ABC puzzle
  • matching socks
  • buttons
  • flower arranging
  • Lauri puzzles
  • stencils and paper
  • woodkin dolls
  • popsicle sticks, paper, and glue
  • pom poms, muffins tins, bowls, and clothespins
  • dominoes
  • fun noodles
  • wedgits
  • felt board
  • play-doh
  • magnet paper dolls
  • lacing pets
  • beans
  • fit-a-space (Lauri product)
  • dry erase board
  • cut coupons
  • pipe cleaners and beads
  • bears and cups
  • clock puzzle
  • abacus
  • ABC floor puzzle
  • tongs and objects to pick up
  • wooden beads
  • plastic animals
  • gears
  • school bus (cloth ABC toy)
  • form fitters (Lauri product)
  • stamps
  • egg carton counting
  • magnet boards
  • rice
  • beginner pattern blocks
  • water, bowls, droppers
  • letter magnets
  • see and spell
  • soft beads
  • plastic buttons
  • Familiar Things puzzle (Lauri)
  • Leap Pad
  • animal lacing cards
  • toothpick art
  • Dress the Bear puzzle
  • water doodle mats
  • ring builders
  • lace and link letters (Lauri)
  • chalk art
  • geo blocks
  • Cuisenaire rods
  • Discovery Toy Farm puzzle
  • number peg puzzle (Lauri)
  • cubes
  • Little People
  • soft blocks
  • Fisher Price ABC animals
  • water, bowls, sponges
  • Lauri stacking pegs

I did not buy or gather these supplies overnight! I have had a preschooler since the beginning of my homeschooling career, and I have collected these items over 10 years. I like to give the younger children items that can be used during school time for birthday and Christmas gifts.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea... Why are we still awake?! Oh, I know... it is quiet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roan,

    Thank you so much for posting these. Lynn may have told you I'm in the process of building up some activities for Rachel (and soon, my Sam). These look great!

    Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm past the preschool years, but those are great ideas.
    I've enjoyed reading over a few of your posts. You have a beautiful family.
    Letitia
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

    ReplyDelete