Here are this week's meals. I am still trying to prepare healthy, low calorie suppers each night.
- Take out pizza (one slice of thin, pepperoni is 150 calories)
- linguini with red pepper sauce, salad, homemade bread
- shrimp and veggie stir fry, brown rice
- asparagus pasta, salad, homemade bread
- meatloaf, homemade macaroni and cheese, peas
- red beans and rice (I bought a small amount of turkey sausage to use in this)
- grilled chicken, roasted new potatoes, green beans, corn
Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry
1 bag frozen shrimp (I get the kind that are peeled and deveined. I just have to thaw and pull the tails off--they are also already cooked)
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. chopped garlic (the refrigerated kind)
1 Tbs. sesame seeds
1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 pound sugar snap peas
3 Tbs. soy sauce
1/8 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp. salt
cooked brown rice (I just make the whole bag at a time, and we eat it with various meals until it's gone.)
Saute red pepper and onion in olive oil until tender. Add garlic, all spices, soy sauce, and sugar snap peas. While this is cooking, prepare shrimp (thaw under running water and pull off the tails). Add shrimp and cook until heated through. Whisk cornstarch into broth, and then add to the mixture. Bring to a boil, and then turn heat down and simmer for a few minutes. Serve over hot rice.
I didn't compute the exact calories, but a reasonable sized portion served over 1/2 cup of brown rice should be about 200-250 calories.
Please visit OrgJunkie.com for more menu inspiration and recipes.