Sunday, September 27, 2009

What's For Supper?

This week's menu is not really that creative--I planned my menu and made my grocery list while riding home from my parents' house (I was not driving!). Since I was not home to use Connie's Blog to assist my meal planning, I am not trying anything new this week.

pasta salad, fruit salad
BBQ, coleslaw
lasagna, salad
taco soup
chicken and dumplings, green beans
meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
shrimp scampi, salad

I bought enough ground beef to make 5 recipes of Little Cheesy Meatloaves. I will serve one this week, and freeze all of the others. I also plan to freeze 2 portions of BBQ and 2 portions of taco soup for future meals too. I will probably divide the lasagna into 2 casserole dishes and freeze one of those. This is how I cook for my freezer. When I am cooking something that can be easily doubled or tripled, I do it and freeze the extra.
Please visit OrgJunkie.com for more menu ideas.

1 comment:

  1. That's the way I cook. I have a menu for a month and, when I stick to it, everything runs so smoothly. Last month I made 5 meatloaves (froze 4), Chili (ate one meal, froze 3 meals), beef stew (ate 1 meal, froze 1 meal), tacos (ate one meal, froze 2). Most of the other things I fix, I prefer to do fresh.

    ReplyDelete