Running, that is! As I was running today, the thought popped into my head that a whole lot of my family members (and real life friends too) are runners! How exciting is that? While we seldom, if ever, actually run together, I still feel the companionship.
Here is the roster.....if the person's name appears in a different color, you can click on their name and visit their blog. If I left out a family member or friend, please leave me a comment....and please forgive me!
1. Mary Margaret (sister in law)--she has been running much longer than I have!
2. Amanda (sister in law)--she and my brother Rhett have been running for a while now. They also have 2 small children to push in a jogging stroller.
3. Megan (sister in law)--the newest running member of the family! Megan is training with her husband Russ, Jimmy's brother.
4. Jenny (sister in law)--she has been running for a little while now too.
5. My daddy--we gave Daddy running shoes and a book about beginning to run after the age of 50 for Christmas. He started his walking program immediately! I am so proud of him. He is jogging some now too, and he hopes to complete a 5K this summer.
6. Leanna (cousin in law)--I am not sure that she has gotten back to running after the birth of her 4th baby, but she was running before she got pregnant.
7. Stacee (cousin in law)--she ran the Race For the Cure with me, and we both ran the St. Jude Half Marathon. She and her husband Mark will be joining Olivia for the Country Music City Half Marathon in April
8. Lynn (friend)--she began running last fall, and completed her 2nd 5K last Saturday. Lynn, Megan, Jenny, and I are all running a 5K on April 18th.
9. Heather (friend)--has run the longest of us all! She is almost a professional! She ran cross country in college, and is currently the coach of our homeschool cross country team, the Spartans.
10. Lindsay (friend)--another new runner, but she is doing great!
11. Julie (friend)--I met Julie last fall. Her children run with the Spartans too. Julie has probably been running longer than I have too.
I would love to add you to this list of family and friends who run! Join us!