Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break Monday

We began our first day of Spring Break by sleeping late. All seven of us! Next we enjoyed a big breakfast at 10:00. The rest of the day was spent working in the yard. We cleaned off the back porch (Olivia spent one hour cleaning and polishing the gas grill---it looks brand new!). Jimmy, Clay, and Julie washed the back windows and cleaned the blades of the outdoor ceiling fans. We weeded, pruned, trimmed, planted, and mulched all day. The backyard flower beds are completely done.
After finishing our yard work for the day we all headed to the local walking/running track. Jimmy actually ran to the track (taking a planned detour on the way so he could get all of his mileage in). The rest of us drove to the track. Julie and Clay ran speed intervals (preparing for the first race of this year this coming Saturday), Olivia and I ran 5 miles, and Jimmy joined us at the track to complete his 13 mile run. Leah and Sam enjoyed playing on the newly completed playground at the track. I am so happy that they built this playground! Leah and Sam are so much happier while we run now that they have the new playground. I can see them from every part of the track, so I can keep an eye on them.
After running we had a "healthy" supper at McDonalds, and then we bought brightly colored annuals from Walmart to plant tomorrow.
We hope to finish our yardwork tomorrow because rain is in the forecast for the next few days after that.

3 comments:

  1. What a busy and fun day! Hope y'all have a great spring break!! I am mailing Clay's b-day gift......late of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a busy, but fun day! Enjoy your spring break and the beautiful weather! It is still very cold up here but the sun is shining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! We stayed outside all week long last week! I am looking forward to seeing y'all Saturday! I think quite a few Spartans are going to be there. I finally went to the Dr. and have a stress fracture, though, so I will be in a boot for 3 weeks. If you want to run the 1/2 in Nashville, you can pose as me and I will watch your kids!

    ReplyDelete