Thursday, November 6, 2008

Menu Monday

I know that it is THURSDAY, but I have just been so busy this week. I am glad to see supper ideas on any day of the week....I hope you are too!

Hash Brown Potato Soup, salad with crunchies
Smothered Chicken, brown rice, strawberry salad (see Vicki's blog for these recipes)
Chicken Manicotti, salad
Leftovers
7 Can Soup, cornbread, salad
spaghetti, salad

Yes, we have had salad every night this week. I bought a huge (2 lb. I think) box of organic spring mix on sale for $5.99. I love it because it is already in bite sized pieces and is washed. We still have enough salad greens to last us until Sunday! On Monday I browned 8 oz. of walnuts and 1 package of ramen noodles in 1/2 stick of butter. We are using those "crunchies" and/or chow mein noodles on top of our salad each night. I made the dressing from Vicki's blog (I halved it), and I have sliced strawberries or tomatoes each night to add to the salad. Leah likes her salad with ranch dressing, crumbled tortilla chips, and shredded cheddar cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Roan.
    How's your school year going?
    I'm so glad the recipes turned out ok. My children and I love that one but my husband passes.LOL!

    I made my blog header from a digital scrapbook kit @ shabbyprincess.com

    I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete