Thursday, November 6, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

Every few days, I am going to try to share what we are doing here at our house to prepare for the Christmas season. This week I have bought my Christmas stamps and shirts for the children for our Christmas card photo. I will post our Christmas card photo right after I send them out (I like to mail them Nov. 30 or Dec. 1). It usually takes us more than one session to get the perfect (or acceptable!) photo to use for our card! Also, I have updated my address list, and it is ready to print on mailing labels.

The first week or so in November is really the best time to finish your online shopping. That way you can ensure that your packages will arrive in time for the holidays. I am still waiting to order from American Girl. The past couple of years they have offered free shipping during part of November. I am giving them another week or two, then I guess I will have to go ahead and order....and pay shipping. I noticed that one item that my girls want is already on backorder until April!!

Remember, as you shop to designate a location for your gifts so you can find them when it is time to wrap. Also, keep a list of what you buy and who it is for. I redid my Christmas notebook recently. It was previously in a spiral bound notebook, and I made a binder with laminated dividers to use as my Christmas Binder. I put the old spiral notebook in the inside pocket of the new binder. I used Christmas paper, and it looks really festive!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roan,
    I finally have a blog!
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/blassingameblessings
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROAN! YOU ARE ON MY HIT LIST! HOW DO YOU HAVE TIME TO HAVE A BLOG, REDO YOUR CHRISTMAS FOLDER LAMINATE AN ALL AND TEACH YOUR CHILDREN?
    TEACH ME!
    Love,
    Marla

    ReplyDelete