Sunday, November 16, 2008

Co-op Planning

I spent Saturday with a wonderful group of girls planning our spring semester homeschool co op. Thankfully, two of the ladies were super organized (my kind of girls!), and had prepared handouts to make the planning session run smoothly. We all brought yummy brunch food and snacks to share and enjoy. We are using the unit study curriculum, KONOS. The character trait is cooperation, and the unit is States and Regions of the U.S. plus the Civil War. The entire unit is 16 weeks. We will follow a schedule of weekly co-ops on Fridays for 4 weeks followed by a one week break.
The children are broken down into 5 age groups. Two to three teachers (moms) will teach each group, staying with the same group for 4 weeks. I have children in 4 of the different groups! I am really excited about this co-op. We haven't co-opped in over a year, and this is the most organized group I have worked with. We are going to have so much fun! I am sure I will be posting weekly about our experiences when we begin in January.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited too, Roan about this coop!! I feel blessed to be working with such a great group of fun and organized ladies :)
    I am also thankful that our children will be learning and getting to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete