Each morning as I begin my day, I list 5 things that I am thankful for in my Bible study journal/notebook. This daily list helps me to focus on the good things in my life. When we choose to be thankful for what we have, instead of grumbling about what we do not have, our days will be so much pleasant. Our attitude about our circumstances affects everyone around us.
Here are some things that I am thankful for today!
- Jimmy is off work for a few days. That means that we will take a break from school and spend time working around the house (inside and out) and playing, together. All 7 of us.
- coffee--in the morning, in the afternoon, sometimes after supper--coffee!
- My parents kept my three younger children while the rest of us ran the half marathon last Saturday. I am so thankful that my parents are healthy and able to visit and help out. Daddy helped Clay and Sam burn brush and trash for a couple of hours, and Mama kept the house picked up and folded lots of clean clothes!
- my health, Jimmy's health, the children's health. I am extremely grateful for my children's good health. I think it's been over 4 years since I have taken any of them to the dr. for a sick visit! Sam has not been to the dr. for a sick visit since he was about 14 months! Of course they have colds and stomach viruses periodically, but nothing to warrant a dr. visit! I guess playing outside in the freezing cold without a coat, hat or shoes does not make you sick!
- homeschooling my children. I really, really love homeschooling! I am so thankful that I can do it.
How about you? What are you thankful for today?