2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces. (I use kitchen scissors to chop it)
1 1/2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. olive oil
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into little cubes
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cups water
1 28 oz. petite diced tomatoes
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. paprika
salt to taste
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. minced garlic (from the little jar)
1 can corn, drained
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Chop the chicken, toss with flour, set aside.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Does anyone have any tips for peeling sweet potatoes? It is so much harder to me than peeling regular potatoes.
3. Chop the pepper and onion and put it into a bowl with the sweet potatoes.
4. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon on olive oil in a non-stick stock pot.
5. Cook the chicken, stirring often in the pot for about 5 minutes--until done.
6. Remove the chicken from the pot.
7. Add another 1/2 teaspoon of oil to the pot, then add the potatoes, onion, and pepper. Cook, stirring often for 7-10 minutes, until it appears done.
8. Add chicken and all remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 or so minutes, until the potatoes are done.
This would be very good served with homemade bread---except I don't know to make it!