Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Crunchy Green Salad

The original recipe for this salad is from my sister-in-law, Megan. As I do with most recipes, I changed a few things. Here is my version.

Several handfuls of organic salad mix
one bunch of broccoli, chopped
Mix together in large bowl.

1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 package crumbled Ramen noodles
Brown the nuts, seeds, and noodels in 1/2 stick butter.

Dressing:
1 cup olive oil
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. soy sauce.
about 1/2 of the seasoning package from the Ramen noodles (I buy chicken)
Mix dressing ingredients in a glass jar.
I either half the ingredients for the dressing, or use only half of it and store the rest for another day.

Keep greens, nuts, and dressing separate until serving time. Toss in large bowl and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my FAVORITE salads! Your recipe got to thinking that if I chopped the broccoli fine enough, maybe my family wouldn't notice it so much.

    ReplyDelete