Monday, May 5, 2014

Hello

I had every intention of blogging lots last week……I left last Sunday driving to pack up Olivia and bring her home from college.  I was gone for 5 days.

While I was gone, a tornado hit our town, Tupelo.  Thankfully, we live northeast of town, and were not affected except that our house was without power from Monday afternoon until Wednesday night.  Just long enough to lose all of the food in our refrigerators, however, that is nothing compared to what hundreds of citizens our our county suffered.  We have the best weatherman ever, Matt Laubhan.  He began warning our area of the upcoming storms a few days before they hit, and he stayed live on the air with warning after warning until he himself took cover just before the tornado hit.

So, Olivia is home!  And we are all so happy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I am so glad you are all alright and Olivia is home and your family can be together. There is nothing like that feeling at night, just before you close your eyes, knowing everyone you love is safe and sound and with you!

    I am so sad for those that lost their homes and loved ones in the tornado. We have a dear friend who lost some of her family members in the tornado in Arkansas. We lift their family up in prayer and know that God is with them and all will be together again someday.

    I hope you have a wonderful summer! I can't wait for our summer schedule to begin!!

    ReplyDelete