Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Flourish

Well, I have added a new book to my summer reading list!

FlourishAtHome.com

My friend, Mary Jo Tate, recently wrote and published this book.  I have known Mary Jo for 10 years, and I am so happy for her and success!  Last night I went to a Launching Event for Flourish, Balance for Homeschool Moms.  It was a delightful evening of fellowship with friends and delicious refreshments.  The highlight of the evening was Mary Jo's presentation of excerpts from her new book, Flourish.   I bought my copy of the book at last night's event, and I even had Mary Jo sign it for me!

I have not begun reading Flourish yet, but it is next on my list after Little Women.  Mary Jo has a Facebook page called Flourish at Home, as well as her book website, FlourishAtHome.com.

Here are some of the chapter titles, to give you an idea of what this book is about.
  • Change Your Mind to Change Your Time
  • The FREEDOM Toolbox.  (Mary Jo covered this acronym last night.)
  • Where Did My Time Go?
  • It's Time for an Attitude Adjustment
  • Training Your Children
  • Managing Your Home
  • Oxygen Masks and Monkey Bread Days
  • All of Life is Learning
  • Solo Act:  Flourishing as a Single Mom
  • Home Business
  • and many more!
Mary Jo gave the disclaimer last night that while the title of the book is Flourish, Balance for Homeschool Moms, this book will actually benefit any mom, not just the homeschool mom.  Mary Jo has been a single mom for 13 years, and she has successfully balanced homeschooling and home-based businesses.  

I encourage you to add Flourish to your summer reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment