Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Beginning the Summer List

Since we are in our last two weeks of our homeschool, I already have a little bit more free time.  Julie is completely finished with 11th grade.  Clay, Leah, and Sam, are down to just math and a couple of more subjects each.  I decided that for the last two weeks of school we would begin our day at 9:00 AM instead of 8:00.  We are doing our group Bible lesson and 9:00, and I am still through with school with all three children by 12:-12:30.  I remember when all of our school days ended at lunch (before 4-5 students and also before I had high schoolers).

We actually met some friends at the park to run at 7:45 this morning, and still were home to begin our Bible lesson at 9:00.  That was so nice.  I plan to continue our summer days with Bible lesson at 9:00, followed by short periods of productivity and lots and lots of free time for the kids.  I can already tell that Sam will need a little bit of guidance with his free time…..Clay spends all of his free time welding and blacksmithing, and Leah is sometimes more interested in sewing with her sisters or working on various crafts than playing with him.  I plan to help him make a list of things he wants to do or play with this summer so I can give him suggestions when he asks me, "What can I do?  He has already asked me that three times since lunch!  My kids know not to say, "I'm bored," or I will instruct them to clean a toilet!

This afternoon I plan to begin tackling Leah's room.  I need to clean out all of her drawers and closet, bookshelves, and various other places in her room.  I will be taking out all of the fall/winter clothes, and bringing out the spring/summer hand-me-downs from the basement.

I better get busy.  A little here, a little there, and the work will get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment