Finally. After two weeks of shopping with a last minute list and doing the best I could with what was in the pantry and the refrigerator, I made a weekly menu. And a detailed grocery list. Last Friday, I shopped at Kroger, ran 10 miles, picked up my family, and then shopped at both Sam's and Walmart. It was 10:00 PM before we got all of the groceries and various items all unloaded and put away, but I was so happy to have all of that done!
Here is the menu:
- lentil soup, rice, green salad, fresh fruit
- baked potato bar, green salad
- quinoa salad, baked sweet potato rounds, fresh fruit salad
- refried beans tacos or wraps, rice, corn, guacamole, corn, etc.
- homemade chicken noodle soup, fresh bread
Also, here are my miles this week. I ran a total of 50 miles last week, and this week begins my taper down to the actual marathon. I have 37 miles this week. I ran 17 this morning, and so I have 9,6,5 left. At this point in the marathon training, I am a little bit weary of running.
For more menu ideas, please visit OrgJunkie.com.