Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Weekly Menu


Although it is fall, the weather here in Mississippi is still pretty HOT!  We have had some cooler temperatures at night, down in the fifties, but the days are still warming up into the eighties.  So, I am not really ready to cook soups and chili, but I am running out of options for not so hot meals that can be prepared in the crock pot while we are gone all afternoon for cross country practice.  I hope our cooler weather settles in soon!

Here is the menu for this week:

  • chicken and rice, black eyed peas, garlic bread (made my Julie's friend, Leslie)
  • shrimp stir fry, served over brown rice
  • 15 bean soup with ham (crock pot)
  • baked chicken strips, homemade macaroni and cheese, corn on cob, black eyed peas
  • pork roast sandwiches (roast made in crock pot)
  • pork roast, potato salad, slaw
  • leftovers on Friday night
You may visit OrgJunkie.com for more menu ideas and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment