Saturday, October 15, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


Here is this week's menu.  I am trying a new recipe tonight that I found in a Southern Living holiday magazine at my parents' house.  We just got home from a visit with them--we left Thursday after cross country practice, and we came home just a while ago.  One of my grandmothers is in the hospital, so we visited her.  I also went to Target and did a little bit of Christmas shopping.  Julie had a home ec sewing lesson--helping to make a Snow White costume for Leah, and all of the children had a relaxing time at my parents' house.

Saturday
Brunswick stew.  I would like to have homemade bread with this, but I don't think I have time to buy groceries and make bread before supper.  I will pick up some bread at Kroger.
Sunday
leftover stew, hopefully homemade bread (lunch), and cereal, toast and/or oatmeal for supper
Monday
shrimp scampi
Tuesday
bean soup--I never got to cook this last week.
Wednesday
spaghetti with homemade sauce from the freezer
Thursday
leftovers from the soup and spaghetti

Brunswick Stew

3 quarts chicken broth
1 2lb. bag frozen baby lima beans
1 2lb. bag frozen niblet corn
1 lb. red potatoes,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 lbs. pulled pork, cooked

Boil broth. Add limas, corn, potatoes, and onion. Return to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes, BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir in pork. Simmer for 15 minutes.

I am going to try to remember to link up with Menu Monday at OrgJunkie.com on Monday morning.  Please visit that site for lots of menu ideas.  Plus the entire site is an organizational inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Your stew sounds yummy!

    In your comment to me you gave me an idea for Christmas.....colored duct tape!! Why didn't I think of that before?! Thank you~

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I am going to make this in our home, I think everyone would love it.

    ReplyDelete