Thursday, October 13, 2011

Holiday Hint #1

Well, it's getting to be that time of year!  Time to plan for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve and Day.  I am going to try to post a tip/idea/hint/task once or twice a week for the next several weeks.  Basically, I am going to just post my own to do list, and maybe some of you can benefit from it.

1.  Locate your Christmas binder.  Make a new dividers for this year, 2011.
2.  If you have bought any gifts throughout the year, locate them, and put them in one central location.  Then write in your Christmas binder everything you have bought and who it is for.
3.  Look at your Christmas card address list, if you are sending Christmas cards.  Make any corrections, and then print out the labels.
4.  Begin thinking about your actual Christmas cards.  Have you already taken a picture that you can use?  Do you need to plan a family photo session?  Are you going to compose a family letter?  Are you going to make the cards?  Plan to buy your supplies soon.  I also plan to buy stamps as soon as they have the holiday ones available.

I think that is enough for this week!

3 comments:

  1. I am trying to put aside money with each paycheck so it's not so difficult come December! Your list sounds good and I need to start thinking of a picture also. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of putting together a seasonal binder. I use one for many other things, this is a great idea and I think I will start mine today. It makes much more sense then the post it notes and paper clips in my date book. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing. Little things to help Christmas flow smoother. I hadn't thought of the Christmas photo idea. I usually do a last minute photo but I think I'll start planning now.

    Thank you~ Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete