Friday, October 14, 2011

B90 Update

I finished!


I finished my second reading of the entire Bible in 90 days on October 8th.  This time it took me exactly 90 days.  Also this time I was joined by Jimmy and Julie in this endeavor.  We all started back in July.  Julie completed the challenge in 87 days, and Jimmy in 86!  I was so happy for both of them.

Reading the Bible this quickly takes me about 45 minutes a day.  Before I actually read the Bible using this plan, I doubted its benefit.  I wondered how I would retain the information since I was reading quickly, without taking the time to take notes or study.  I learned even more the second time through!  As it says in Hebrews 4: 11-13

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.


I learned so much!  I read a different version this time (the first time I read English Standard Version, and this time I read New American Standard).  I am already planning to read the Bible in 90 days again, this time beginning in January.  Will you join me?

1 comment:

  1. I did it too! It felt SO great to complete the challenge. I want to do it again using a different version as well - what a great way to start the new year. Sunshine

    ReplyDelete