Monday, August 29, 2011

Pokey Update and More

The Pokey little puppy is getting perkier!

At the vet visit learned that Pokey had hookworms, a dislocated hip, and just general malnutrition and anemia from the worms.  The vet also suspected parvo, but did not test for it or give Pokey any vaccinations.  He just wormed the sweet little puppy, and told us to watch him over the weekend.

Thankfully, Pokey is now perky!  He has a great appetite, and he is scampering all around, chewing on things, and wagging his tail.  Since he is getting stronger, if the vet can confirm that he doesn't have parvo, we will proceed with putting the hip back into his socket.  He will be in a sling for 7-10 days after that procedure.

Olivia, Julie, and Clay participated in the season's first cross country meet Saturday afternoon.  It was a fun way to begin the 2011 season.  Everyone seemed to have a super time!  Even though it was HOT!

I finished the book The Hidden Hand.  It was excellent!  Just excellent!  I now need to take a break from reading books strictly for my pleasure (a couple of weeks ago I read The Help too).  When I start a good book I tend to stay up way too late or spend way too much time on the weekends trying to finish the book.  So for now, I need to get back to pre-reading the Sonlight books that I haven't read already.

Today was Day 1 of my 14 week marathon training.  The St. Jude Marathon is December 3.  I ran 3 miles this morning.  This first week's total miles are 26, which includes the 14.2 mile race that I will be running this weekend, the Tupelo 14.2 Miler.  My training plan peaks at 47 miles, and that seems impossible.  I know that it is not, because I did it last March, but took look at those numbers is daunting.

We have a normal but busy week ahead.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the puppy is doing well not that he is in a great family.

    I can relate to spending too much time when reading for pleasure. I have to limit myself otherwise I stay up until 2am to finish.

    ReplyDelete