I am so happy that we are taking a break from school, but now our days will be filled with work in the kitchen! This is the week I plan to do my holiday baking, plus I am hosting my side of the family's Christmas celebration on Saturday. I have our meals planned through this Thursday, plus my lunch menu for the party on Saturday. I also have a list of all the goodies that I want to make this week. I plan to buy groceries on Thursday for the weekend, and maybe I can plan enough to buy everything I'll need until AFTER Christmas day. We'll see.
Suppers this week
- shrimp scampi, salad
- grilled hamburgers, homemade French fries
- chicken and dumplings, green beans, black eyed peas
- Julie cooks (I just bought her list of ingredients, I am not sure exactly what she is making...some sort of sweet and sour chicken, rice, a potato dish, and dessert)
My Saturday lunch menu for the family gathering
- homemade macaroni and cheese
- mashed potatoes
- roasted asparagus
- green beans
- white chocolate bread pudding
My sisters-in-law are bringing bread and an appetizer, and my mother is bringing a strawberry cake.
The holiday goodies
- oyster crackers
- reindeer food
- bumpy cookies
- rice krispie goodies (not rice krispie treats)
- Resees cup cookies
- sugar cookies to decorate
- cookie mixes in a jar (to give to the children's teachers)
And here is a sneak peek to our Christmas Day brunch---
This punch is the absolute best. Here is the recipe.
2 oz. instant coffee granules
2 cups boiling water
1 cup sugar
1 gallon milk
1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
2 cups whipping cream, whipped
Dissolve coffee in boiling water. Add sugar and mix well. Refrigerate this mixture overnight. The next day put coffee mixture in punch bowl. Add milk and stir. Then stir in ice cream (you may want to soften the ice cream in the microwave for a little bit). Dollop whipped cream on top.
Delicious. I can drink the entire punch bowl all by myself!
Now, if you need more menu ideas and inspiration, please visit The Organizing Junkie.