Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Domino Christmas Ornaments

Since I am not crafty, I am always on the lookout for simple and cute crafts for my children to do. I found this idea on my friend Kimberly's blog, Raising Olives. Click here for the link for directions. We followed them exactly like Kimberly described, except we cut our ribbon 15 inches instead of 12.

I bought the dominoes at WalMart, and I found the ribbon and Zips (glue product) at Hobby Lobby. I had a collection of stamps on hand from my former scrapbooking days (I hope to get back to scrapbooking some day), and I keep Sharpies in a variety of colors.

beginning to stamp the dominoes

our supplies

coloring in a stamp

some of the finished ornaments

a couple more finished ones

There were 28 dominoes in the box. We plan to package each ornament in a small gift bag filled with candy, and the children are going to give them to their church family friends as a Christmas gift.

A fun and easy craft!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made them last year and gave them to our extended family members. We have played dominoes a lot in years past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we'll do these tomorrow. Maybe we'll use them as party favors.

    Loved your card!

    Celee

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out beautiful! I want to borrow some of your stamps. ;)

    ReplyDelete