Sunday, June 29, 2008

One of Those Days

Friday was one of those days, you know the kind where things don't go exactly how you planned them......I had last Friday perfectly planned out. We had a lot to do, and we needed to keep on schedule. In the morning we had our last day of Vacation Bible School. Right after that we had several mothers and children from VBS over to have lunch and swim. They were planning to stay until around 4:00. Jimmy had scheduled a Directv repairman to come for a service call between 12:00 and 4:00. Then as soon as everyone left around 4:00 I had planned to get to the Honda place before they closed at 5:00 to pick up the crossbars for the luggage rack on our van. Jimmy will install them before our trip to Seaside. After this errand I had planned to buy groceries for the week and get home to cook supper. Things went as planned until 3:15, when someone from Dircetv called to say that the service call was being postponed until between 5:00 and 7:00......would I be home during that time? My guests quickly left and I hurried everyone into the car. I figured I could run my errand and buy groceries and be home pretty close to 5:00, maybe a little later, but maybe the serviceman would be late too! We needed groceries! We arrived at the Honda place around 4:15. The part was not in! We were told that it would be there at 7:00 a.m., but it had not come. Waiting for someone to help me and then being told that it would be at least Tuesday before the part came in took 15 minutes of my time. So we hurried to the grocery store. Sam fell asleep in the car so I carried him, Olivia pushed a cart with Leah in it, and Clay pushed a second cart. I had been in the store maybe 5 minutes, still in the produce section, when my cell phone rang. It was the serviceman! He said he was at my house waiting for me! Would I be home soon??? It was not even 5:00 yet! He indicated that he didn't want to wait long so I grabbed what I needed to cook supper and quickly checked out. I was 20 minutes away from home. By the time he left I was too tired to go back to store. We were gone all day yesterday, today is Sunday....I still haven't bought groceries! I plan to go tomorrow.
What a day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow. That's all you needed at the end of an already full week.

    ReplyDelete