Sunday, February 3, 2013

Menu Monday


I cleaned out my storage room yesterday, and while I was down there I also gave the entire basement a good scrubbing.  So, I did not do my weekly grocery shopping yesterday.  I ran by Sam's and Kroger today on my way home from church services....Julie cooked lunch while I was gone.  When I arrived home, everyone was fed, and the kitchen was completely cleaned up by Olivia.  I am so blessed to have such helpful girls---girls who not only can help out, but are also happy to help out!

Here is our menu for this upcoming week.  

Sunday:  potato gnocchi and pasta sauce, homemade bread
Monday:  homemade chicken noodle soup, made using one of Heather's organic chickens!, homemade bread, salad
Tuesday:  white chili, tortilla chips, salad
Wednesday:  burritos (we never had these last week)
Thursday:  tabbouleh, sweet potato rounds
Friday:  roasted vegetables (brussel sprouts, asparagus, squash, mushrooms), green beans, mashed potatoes


Burritos
1 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 squash, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped finely
1/2 carrots, chopped finely
Saute the above ingredients in a small amount of olive oil or vegetable broth until tender.

Mix with the following:
1 can corn, drained
2 cans vegetarian refried beans
2 cups cooked brown rice

flour tortillas
salsa

Spoon about 1/4-1/3 cup mixture into each flour tortilla.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  Serve with salsa and guacamole.

After these have cooled, you can wrap each burrito individually in plastic wrap and freeze.  We thaw/reheat these in the microwave for a quick lunch.

For more menu inspiration, visit Orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. I really have no idea what I am going to do this week! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete