Wednesday, February 13, 2013

An Early Start Makes the Difference

This morning my children, all five of them, got up bright and early---all by themselves!  All of them but Sam set their alarms, and Sam woke up spontaneously at 5:50 AM (this was a little bit too early!)  By 6:45, all of the children were up and busy doing chores, and Leah even ran on the treadmill before I had even finished cooking breakfast!

My plan was to begin running at 6:00, be done by 7:00, and then shower and cook breakfast, and supervise everyone's chores, and begin the laundry and start school by 8:00.  That was a little ambitious!  Since Sam woke up just as I was about to get dressed for running, and also since he was not in the most cheerful mood (crying for me to sit with him and not run), I chose to postpone my run and cuddle with Sam.  Good decision!  After he was ready to get up, he cheerfully helped me start the laundry, and then he helped me cook muffins.  He was so proud to have breakfast ready for his siblings.

Since we were all up and ready to go, I began doing school with Sam and Leah at 7:15 while the muffins cooked.  We all ate breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, and were ready to begin our Bible lesson at 8:00!  I was so happy to be starting on time.  We worked really hard all morning, and I am happy to say that we were all done with all of our school before 12:00!  Everything!  What a great accomplishment that was!  I was able to run while the children were eating lunch, and now we have some much needed  free time this afternoon.

I know that this cannot happen every day.  But it sure was a nice school day!  I still have laundry to finish and errands to run.  There is supper to cook and Bible study to get ready for tonight, but still I feel like this day has had so much time!

I'll need to reread this post tomorrow night when I am frazzled!  I have a 9 mile run that I HAVE to do at 5:30 in the morning.  Then school, dentist appointments for Leah and Sam, and then a Valentine's Party to attend at a friend's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment