Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring With the Spartans!

Today our homeschool cross country team, the Spartans, had a spring meeting. The children eagerly anticipated this day! We have all missed each seeing each other since last fall! We had several new families join us, which was super! I am looking forward to a successful and enjoyable Spartan season.
This meeting was mainly an organizational one. Heather briefed us about our summer and fall practice schedules, and we chose new colors for our team uniforms......kelly green and navy. Now, I would actually prefer lime green and turquoise, but there are boys on the team!

Here a few pictures from the fun afternoon.
some of the girls

Clay, Carson, and John Parker


more Spartan girls



some of the boys


Two of the team leaders...Cale and Forrest
If you are a homeschooler and live in this area, and you are interested in your child running with the Spartans, please email me. The Spartans welcome runners and those who aspire to be runners of all abilities. Coach Heather has a training plan to slowly and safely move your child from couch potato to completing a 5K!
Being a member of the Spartan cross country team has brought great joy and created many fond memories for my children. The Spartan mothers have fun too! Most of us wear our walking/running shoes and visit, walk, and or run with the children. In fact, at our meeting today, one of the mothers jokingly said that she didn't recognize me today......I had on regular clothes and make-up and had my hair fixed!

4 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity for the kids to be able to join something that will help them throughout their life!!! LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! That's my girl in one of those pictures! She had a great time. It's all she talked about on the way home, and when she got home she obeyed Coach and did her crunches & sit ups...which means mom had to do them, as well... It was good to see you, as always. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I HAD SOOOO MUCH FUN.
    AND I DID RECOGNIZE YOU~HA. BUT YOU DID LOOK SOOO NICE, OF COURSE YOU ALWAYS DO, EVEN IN RUNNING CLOTHES AND NO MAKEUP! IT WAS LIKE COMING HOME WHEN I GOT THERE! I CAN'T TELL YOU ALL HOW GOOD IT DID MY HEART TO SEE EVERYONE AND HUG AND SMILE AND LAUGH!!! SO BLESSED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roan,
    Caylie did a 5K today, but she decided not to do the trail run that I had mentioned at the 4H.

    There was also an autism fundraiser 5K in another part of town, and it was on pavement! :)

    Her goal for today was to come in under 30 min., and she made it in 29:55, so she was pleased. I posted some pics on my blog.

    My son, Christian is planning to join the homeschool track/cross country team when things get started up here. Hopefully he will enjoy it.

    Thanks for the pointers...I passed them along to Caylie, and she followed your suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete