I don't consider myself high maintenance in the beauty department, but there are a few products that I use. Some have been favorites for years, and some are recent finds.
Here they are: (I'll include links, but actually most of these items I buy at Walmart, my local beauty shop, or Ulta.
1. Redkin shampoo and conditioner. I use either the Color Extend, High Rise Volume, or Extreme in both the shampoo or conditioner. I really can't tell a difference between these on my hair, but I can tell that my hair gets dry and brittle if I use any other brand. I buy this at either my beauty shop, The Hair Tailors or at Ulta. The large bottles last me at least six months.
2. Mary Kay eye make-up remover. I have used this for about 12 years. It is not oily, and mascara comes off easily with cotton balls. I will say that I am not faithful to even remove my eye makeup at night, but when I do, or if I have to remove it in the morning before I put in my contacts, this is my favorite product to use. I am out of this right now, so I bought Simply Clean brand eye makeup remover, and it is not a favorite. It does remove the eye makeup easily, but it burns my eyes! I order Mary Kay products only once a year, and 3 bottles of this usually lasts me the whole year.
3. Mary Kay Timewise 3 in 1 Cleanser. If I take my make-up off at night, (I don't even wear make-up every day, and sometimes I am just too tired to wash my face! I know, I know, that is terrible! The next product on my list has somewhat solved that problem for me.) this is the cleanser I use. It does not burn my eyes, and it easily removes the makeup.
4. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. My friend Jessica told me about these a few months ago, and they have changed my skin care routine! About half the time I wear makeup I just wash off my face with these wipes and I'm all done! They are perfect for traveling.
5. Teddy's Organic Rosehip Seed Oil. I kept hearing Melanie and Sophie talk about this rosehip oil on the Big Boo Cast, so I finally ordered some. I love that stuff! I really believe it has helped the wrinkles around my eyes. I apply a several drops (all over my face) both morning and night.
6. Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing Repair Body Lotion. This is my favorite all body lotion. I apply it head to toe--even on my face. It is thin, rubs in well, and has no odor. And it's very economical.
7. Mary Kay CC Cream Sunscreen. This is what I wear as my foundation. It is light, not too thick, and has sunscreen, which is important because none of the moisturizers I use have sunscreen.
8. Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation. If I want a little more coverage, I apply this powder on top of the CC cream.
9. Maybelline Pinkalicious Lipstick. When I checked on this lipstick to create a link, I saw that the price is now $10 per tube. I am not going to pay that much for lipstick that is sold at Walmart! When I first began using this shade, it was available at Walmart for less than $5. Then of course after a period of time Walmart stopped carrying this shade, so I began ordering it from Amazon. However, when I run out again, either I will find a new shade of lipstick I like at Walmart, or I will search for this color somewhere else. I also like Clinique lipstick, I just can't find the perfect color. And I know that Clinique lipstick costs more than $10 a tube, but it's a better quality than Walmart lipstick.
10. OPI nail polish. Some of my favorite colors include: Berlin There Done That, Coconuts Over OPI, You're Blushing Again, and Cajun Shrimp.
Well, there you have it! 10 beauty products.
What are some of your favorites?