Thursday, July 19, 2012

Avocado Hummus

This recipe is from my cousin-in-law Leanna.  I think she actually got the recipe from another cousin, Stacee.  Anyway, it is delicious, and I make it every few days.  I added the tomato to the recipe, and I serve it with pita chips.
Enjoy!

Avocado Hummus

2 cans chickpeas (sometimes called garbanzo beans), drained--but save a little bit of the juice to add to the hummus if it seems dry
2 avocados
1/3 of an onion
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbs. garlic (the kind that is chopped and in a jar)
1 medium tomato, quartered
2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt, or more to taste

Cut the avocado in half, remove seed, and scoop the flesh into the chopper.  Add all other ingredients, and blend in chopper until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. Roan,
    I had to send you a thank you note for sharing your avocado hummus recipe. I made it yesterday for my lunch. Oh my goodness was it amazing!!! I am SO thrilled you shared the recipe and that I have another item to add to my lunch menu list. THANK YOU!
    Still looking forward to the day that we actually meet in person. :)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete