Friday, March 23, 2012

My Exercise Plan

Well, this time last year I was in the final weeks of my very first marathon training.  Today, I walked 1 mile.  It took 17:30.  At that pace I could complete a marathon in 7 hours, 30 minutes.

But it was a mile!  I have walked four times this week...1/4 mile, 1/3 mile, 1/2 mile, and then today a whole mile.  It may be months before I can run again, but I am still going to walk.  I would love to build up to walking for 1 hour each day.

I also went to the grocery store for the first time today since my surgery.  Julie went with me and pushed the cart, however, I think I could have pushed it just fine by myself!

We did a full day of school today.  My goal for next week is three full days of school.  Normally in April I am ordering books and supplies for the next school year.  I may not be ready to think about next year's school until May.  Sam will finally have his 100th day of school celebration next Wednesday.  I hope it will be fun for him.  This will be our last time to do this!

Clay's birthday is Monday, and then I will have three teenagers!

6 comments:

  1. I found your blog via your breastcancer.org post. And am amazed and encouraged by your tenacity!!! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! See!! You just have to be patient and take it a day at a time. When your body says, "let's go," then you can go. When your body says, "get back in the recliner," then you get back in the recliner ;)
    You are such an inspiration Roan...to me and to who knows how many other women. I guess I'm gonna have to start walking again if you are. My friend that I told you about has challenged me to train for a breast cancer marathon with her when she is able...she still has many decisions to make. I'm sending her the link to your blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog and I love the happiness in your life. I am a new homeschooling mom to my kids. Best wishes. fromthemrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to come walk with you. I am a walker mostly and a runner once in a while. I had to stop last year when my knees just could not take it anymore. Come to find out I was totally depleted in my vitamins and was not absorbing much of anything. So I walk :-)

    I'm impressed. You are doing so well. I know you must be aching to be up and going. I'm glad you are taking it easy and making your goals workable.

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Don't think about last year-see your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roan,
    You truly are an inspiration. Once again you start where you are and move forward. I have seen you do that time and time again on your blog. What an inspiration to see you once again set goals and work toward them.

    ReplyDelete