Monday, September 5, 2011

The Tupelo 14.2 Miler

Yesterday Jimmy and I joined about 600 other runners for the annual Tupelo 14.2 Miler and Marathon.  We ran the 14.2 Miler.  We got up at 3:45 AM for this fun event!  The race begins at 5:00 AM, which allows us to run the race and get home in plenty of time to get ready for Bible class and worship service.  We were home before 8:00 AM!

I ran the first 9.65 miles with Lynn, and we had the best time chatting!  The first hour of this race is run in complete darkness, and on this morning, in complete cloud cover.  It was really hot and humid.  Thankfully, it began to rain, and the cool drizzle continued for the remainder of the run.  I spotted Kelly ahead of me as I was running ahead of Lynn, so I spent the next mile trying to catch him.  I finally caught him around mile 11.  Part of this race course includes roads that we run on our long runs, so I was in familiar territory.

My finish time was 2 hours, 19 minutes.  That is a good bit slower than I have run it the last two years, but I am ok with that.  I have not been training to run a long run at a fast (for me) pace, so my finish time reflects that.

It was a good run!

No comments:

Post a Comment