Monday, February 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

  1. spaghetti with homemade sauce, salad
  2. chicken and dumplings
  3. 9 bean soup, salad
  4. pasta with zucchini
  5. homemade pizzas (I am trying a homemade pizza crust for the first time.) I am also making my own pizza sauce. We will have sauteed onions and bell pepper, cheese, mushrooms and pepperoni for toppings.
  6. baked fish, roasted sweet and new potatoes, salad
  7. raviolis (not homemade), salad
Very Easy Pasta or Pizza Sauce

1/4 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced (I use the kind in the jar, already minced)
4 (14 oz.) cans diced or crushed tomatoes. If not crushed, then crush in your food processor.
1/2 onion, chopped finely (if desired)
1 tsp. salt
basil, Italian seasoning, etc. to taste

Saute the onion (if using) and garlic in olive oil. Stir in tomatoes and salt. Simmer until thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Add other seasonings and simmer a couple of more minutes.


You can visit OrjJunkie.com for more menu inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Your menu looks great. I make my own pizza crust all the time and it is really easy. Just make sure to knead it enough- I didn't at first and it was harder to roll out flat.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete