Leah and Sam are finally over the flu, and it looks like none of the rest of us are going to get it!
I chose several (ok, I think 35 or so) pictures that highlighted our Disney vacation. This was such a fun trip! The weather was pleasant, the company was fun, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. This was my parents' first visit to Disney World, and while it was the 5th time we have taken our children, there were still several firsts on this trip.
- It was the first time my mother has ever flown.
- Sam was tall enough to ride all of the big rides, except for Rock N Roller Coaster (which I wouldn't have let him ride anyway!
- Sam's first roller coaster ride! First he rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which is a mild roller coaster. He loved it! I didn't let him ride Space Mountain, but I did let him ride Mt. Everest at Animal Kingdom. I cannot believe that I did! If I had ridden it without him first, to refresh my memory of the ride, I would have not put him on that ride. But I didn't, so he and I rode it together. I cannot believe I put my baby on that ride! He did ok, though by the end he was leaning over covering his head! I kept my arms around him the entire time. As the ride was coasting to a stop, he kept repeating, "I didn't die. I didn't die" He was very proud of himself when it was all over! He told everyone, "I rode that roller coaster, and it went up and down, and it was so fast!" Every time we saw the ride or a picture of the ride he proudly reminded everyone that he rode it!
- My mother, Julie, Leah, Sam, and I attended the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios.
- My parents, my children and I watched the parade at Animal Kingdom (Jimmy was at the hotel recovering from the Goofy Challenge)
- A character (Pocahontas) talked to Sam while he was still in his stroller and posed for a picture for him there. She also planted a big lipstick kiss on his forehead.
- We ate lunch at the 50's Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios.
- We rode a roller coaster as a family--Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Here are the pictures of our wonderful trip.
Julie and my daddy waiting for the monorail
posing with Zurg after the Buzz Lightyear ride
my mother and children waiting to watch Mickey's Philharmagic
Leah and Pops
Each time we visit the Magic Kingdom, we always tour Mickey and Minnie's houses in Toon Town. Sadly, the are tearing down Toon Town beginning in February. They are replacing that whole area with some kind of princess land. We have pictures of our children in these houses each time we visited, so we made sure we took some of the same shots.
Leah with Minnie's sewing machine
We always take pictures of the kids sitting on Minnie's couch.
Avery, Ella, and Leah in their cute Minnie Mouse skirts. Lesley (Lynn's sister made the little girls skirts just like the ones she made for Lynn and me for the race).
Parker and Clay
Lynn's four children and Leah and Sam with Goofy
on the swinging bridge that leads to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Jimmy giving Olivia a ride. That bag that Olivia is holding is her crocheting bag. She crocheted all over Disney World!
our family on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Sam playing on the Brer Rabbit playground.
Splash Mountain was closed during our visit. :(
I think this was taken outside Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I lost count of how many times we rode this ride.
in the candy shop on Main Street USA. We always buy M&Ms and jelly beans from this shop.
Clay, Sam, Olivia, and Julie
Pops and Clay
Leah and Olivia
Tired Daddy and tired Sam.
This was the day after Jimmy's first race.
They are little bit perkier here.
Julie, Mims, Olivia, and Pops at the 50's Prime Time Cafe
Clay, Jimmy, and Me at the 50's Prime Time Cafe.
Jimmy and I had been awake since 2:45 AM!
Leah and Julie
Sam with his dessert
playing on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at Hollywood Studios
Sam, Olivia, and Clay on the playground
Leah and Pops
Leah climbing a tree while waiting for the bus back to the hotel
a rare picture of Sam without a ridiculous face
posing with Pocahontas
Sam refused to get out the stroller to have his picture made.......so....
Pocahontas came to the stroller!
Leah and Sam with Mims and Pops
Pops pushing the stroller---he did a lot of pushing!
my sweet children
We always take the children's picture inside this shark mouth at Epcot.
tasting Coke flavors from around the world at Epcot
(yes, it rained a little bit that day)
trying food from other countries at Epcot
Clay, Julie, and Olivia at Epcot
not too old to pose with characters or get their autographs
Jimmy surprised Sam with this Goofy.
This picture was taken just before Sam started getting sick.
Leah and Sam with Woody make out of Legos.
Right after this picture, Sam crashed. He started running a sudden high fever....it was the beginning of the flu. Leah got sick the next morning.
We flew home on Wednesday morning......Leah and Sam basically slept the entire way home....at the airport waiting, on the airplane, and on the ride home from the airport.
I am so glad that my parents joined us on this trip, and I appreciate all of their help. It was also fun vacationing with our dear friends Kelly and Lynn and their family.
What a super vacation!