So far I have accomplished a few things in the right direction.
- put important holiday gathering dates on the calendar
- made the Christmas card picture, ordered the cards, and guess what?? The cards came in today!
- purchased a few gifts
- finalized plans with my girls for what their handmade gift items will be this year
- began a list of items to order online (these orders need to be placed soon)
- bought most of the paper goods I will need for the two Christmas parties I am hosting
- took inventory of my gift wrap and ribbon, and sadly determined that I do not need to buy any more paper or ribbon this year! (I love gift wrap and ribbon!)
This is what I plan to accomplish by the end of this week:
- create return address labels for the Christmas cards
- create mailing labels for the cards
- purchase stamps for the cards
- create gift card labels. I want to make some cute "stickers" for my gifts. I plan to use the same labels that I use to label containers, but print our family's name on them....or maybe even the "to" and "from"....not sure yet
- decide how or if I am going to assign certain gift wrap to particular people or families--before I begin wrapping gifts. Sometimes I assign a certain paper to each person, sometimes I wrap all of one side of the family's gifts in one certain paper, or sometimes I just wrap each gift however I want to at the time. There are benefits for each method.....I am still undecided. I will decide very soon because.....
- begin wrapping 2-3 gifts a day.
- find and buy cute holiday tins (inexpensive ones) for my baked goods
If you have a favorite holiday recipe for cookies, party foods, gift ideas, etc. Please leave a comment and share it! I usually create 50 or so gift tins or bags of some sort of simple baked good to share with friends and family. I am open to some new recipes!